Guest Oliver Schöndorfer
UI designer empowering developers & designers to improve their websites, and products with pimped typography.
Season 04 Episode 12
– Jul 06, 2021
1:14:56 Show Notes
Pimp Your Typography
Time to pimp your website typography with Oliver Schöndorfer. Learn the fundementals of typography and why it matters to your website and message.
We start off by defining what Typography is. Then the various types of fonts including serif and sans-serif fonts and when to choose which to choose.
- I (uppercase I), l (lowercase l), 1, a, g test
- The difference between legibility and readability
- Comic Sans and Helvetica fonts
- Avatar and Papyrus
- Heading, body fonts, and fonts that can be used everywhere
- Oliver Judges Sean's website headings
- Tips on how to choose fonts for a website
- Web font marketplaces
- 5 common web typography mistakes and how to avoid them
- Leading and line height
- line length
- Oliver gives a review of the Website 101 Podcast website typography.
Have a question for Sean, Mike, and Amanda? Send us an email.
- 1 Click Here
- 2 How to Talk to Your Web Developer
- 3 Red Flags
- 4 Content Strategy
- 5 Accessibility
- 6 How to improve your website without doing a full redesign
- 7 Content Marketing
- 8 Alternatives to Google Analytics
- Bonus Listener Survey - What Topics do you Want to Hear More of?
- 9 Website Optimization and Speed
- 10 Wordpress
- 11 From Novice to Bootcamp Instructor
- 12 Pimp Your Typography