Guest Mark Poppen
Web designer, business owner, dad and husband (the order depends on the day)
Season 02 Episode 10 59:47 Show Notes
Ecommerce with Shopify
In this episode we talk with Mark Poppen, owner of Funky Moose Records, about running a ecommerce website with physical product using shopify.
- Mark provides some history and background into his decision to run a used record business
- Talks about his decision not to use Opencart.
- Wordpress and WooCommerce - not as simple as Shopify
- It's better to use Shopify payments as there is no extra charge, but if you use a different payment gateway such as paypal you pay the paypal feel plus an addtional 1% fee.
- Shopify Themes
- Steps involved in setting up shopify for a new business.
- People underestimate what's involved in ecommerce
- How to manage your inventory
- Overselling and shipping guarantees
- Shipping costs, weight etc.
- What is a payment gateway and a merchant account
- 1 Season 2 Introduction
- 2 Web Hosting 101
- 3 How to Choose a Web Developer or Agency
- 4 How Much Does a Website Cost
- 5 Web Jargon Part One
- 6 Web Jargon Part Two
- 7 Minimal Viable Product
- 8 Copy Editing and Copy Writing
- 9 Photography and Stock Photos
- 10 Ecommerce with Shopify
- 11 Season 2 Recap and Season 3 Teaser