Guest Owen Craig
Owen graduated from Juno College of Technology in 2016 and worked as a Front-End developer at ICF Next for four years before returning to Juno to work as an instructor. In addition to teaching coding, Owen is also a big believer in working on soft skills such as teamwork, communication, and empathy.
Season 04 Episode 11 46:04 Show Notes
From Novice to Bootcamp Instructor
Learn all about Owen Craig's journey from novice developer to bootcamp instructor. Why he transitioned from social media manager to development, why Owen chose a bootcamp and how he later became an instructor at that same bootcamp.
- What is a bootcamp
- Why a bootcamp vs other paths
- Favorite part of web development
- Least liked part of web development
- How Owen became an instructor at Juno college
- How to keep up with changing technology
- Advice for a new developer
- How to evaluate what to learn
- No code developers
- Most important skill a developer should have
Have a question for Sean and Mike? Send us an email.
- 1 Click Here
- 2 How to Talk to Your Web Developer
- 3 Red Flags
- 4 Content Strategy
- 5 Accessibility
- 6 How to improve your website without doing a full redesign
- 7 Content Marketing
- 8 Alternatives to Google Analytics
- Bonus Listener Survey - What Topics do you Want to Hear More of?
- 9 Website Optimization and Speed
- 10 Wordpress
- 11 From Novice to Bootcamp Instructor
- 12 Pimp Your Typography