Guest Matsuko Friedland
Matsuko is the Lead Accessibility Engineer at Craft CMS, a flexible, user-friendly content management system (CMS) for creating custom digital experiences on the web and beyond.
Season 04 Episode 5 39:21 Show Notes
We discuss accessibility, with Matsuko Friedland, in websites, why it's important both for users and website owners, as well as some tips on how to ensure your website is accessible.
Matsuko starts off by explaining what accessibility is and why it's important. We also talk about what a screen reader is and how a screen reader works.
- Why should we care about accessibility other than the legal requirements
- The three levels of WCAG compliance
- Semantic HTML
- Header Order is important
- Accessibility is good for SEO
- Color Contrast
- Placeholder content
- Pixel and Tonic, CraftCMS, selected by the W3C for accessibility
- Accessibility Why It's important
- Curb Cut Effect
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Building the most inaccessible site possible with a perfect Lighthouse score
- Empathy Prompts
- Accessible Colors
- Contrast Checker
- Axe Browser Extension
- Lighthouse Browser Extension
- Accessibility Insights
- Don’t Use The Placeholder Attribute
- W3C Selects Craft CMS for Redesign Project
- HTML: The Inaccessible Parts
- Accessibility Checklist
Have a question for Sean and Mike? Send us an email.
- 1 Click Here
- 2 How to Talk to Your Web Developer
- 3 Red Flags
- 4 Content Strategy
- 5 Accessibility
- 6 How to improve your website without doing a full redesign
- 7 Content Marketing
- 8 Alternatives to Google Analytics
- Bonus Listener Survey - What Topics do you Want to Hear More of?
- 9 Website Optimization and Speed
- 10 Wordpress
- 11 From Novice to Bootcamp Instructor
- 12 Pimp Your Typography