Season 06 Episode 3
– Jan 03, 2023
32:08 Show Notes
Choosing a CMS
We talk all about choosing a CMS - what to look for and pitfalls to avoid and how to evaluate a CMS.
- CMS (Content Management System)
- Do you choose it based on what your friend is using, the most popular cms, or is there a better way?
- Everyone is aware of WordPress
- What features do you require? Ensure the CMS has these options built in.
- A CMS is only useful if end-users/content editors want to use it.
- Price does not equal cost.
- Author experience
- Developer community
- Official support option
- Professionals network/listing
- No Code Solutions (subscription services such as Square Space, Wix, etc..)
- When a CMS moves in a direction that you disagree with
- Community brain drain
Have a question for Sean, Mike, and Amanda? Send us an email.