Guest David Canton
Business lawyer and trademark agent with a practice focusing on tech issues.
Season 06 Episode 2
– Dec 20, 2022
33:00 Show Notes
Website Contract Advice From an Actual Lawyer
We talk with David Canton about the ins and outs of contracts for creative professionals.
- Follow up episode to Contract Opinions from not a Lawyer
- This is not legal advice
- What is legally binding? Verbal contracts
- Plain language contracts vs legalese
- 3 reasons to enter a written contract
- Non-competition clauses
- Combine contracts and compromise
- What is "Work for Hire"?
- Software license
- How often should a contract be updated and/or reviewed?
- Wet signatures vs digital signatures
Have a question for Sean, Mike, and Amanda? Send us an email.