Guest Amanda Lutz
Amanda is a full stack web developer who can discuss technical concepts with non technical people. She is also teaching the next generation developers at Seneca College.
Season 04 Episode 2 36:37 Show Notes
How to Talk to Your Web Developer
In this episode Sean and Mike talk with Amanda Lutz about how to talk with your web developer.
- How much does a website cost?
- Think about what you want from your website
- How to measure success of a website
- Have realistic expectations
- Not all feature requests are equal
- Free isn't free!
- Agree on how you'll communicate throughout the project. Good communication is crucial.
- What constitutes an emergency?
- How to tell a developer "something's broken!"
- What platforms will your website support?
- "Make the logo bigger" - Provide objectives, not solutions.