Guest Andrew Welch
After a stint running a software company for a couple of decades, Andrew is now immersing himself in doing consulting to help businesses use technology effectively.
Season 04 Episode 9 1:03:57 Show Notes
Website Optimization and Speed
Website optimization expert Andrew Welch discusses optimizing your website performance and speed.
Site speed is a ranking signal for google. Ensuring your website is fast and efficient can give you a boost in your SEO results.
We also discuss:
- How optimizing your site can improve your bounce rate
- Contributing factors to a slow website\
- What you can do to improve your site without touching code
- Limit the number of tracking scripts
- lazy loading images / maps
- Web hosting - shared vs VPS
- Caching & Minifying
- Image Optimization / Responsive Images
Google image srcset peas to find the article by Eric Portis that Andrew Mentions.
- 1 Click Here
- 2 How to Talk to Your Web Developer
- 3 Red Flags
- 4 Content Strategy
- 5 Accessibility
- 6 How to improve your website without doing a full redesign
- 7 Content Marketing
- 8 Alternatives to Google Analytics
- Bonus Listener Survey - What Topics do you Want to Hear More of?
- 9 Website Optimization and Speed